Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Flight

To awake in a small white room roughly the size of my bathroom, in a foreign city, such as Hong Kong, is not my typical morning greeting to say the least. Yesterday's travel day was long, but not nearly what I expected. Having arrived at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport around 9:30am I tearfully said goodbye to Matt and dragged my luggage to check-in. I got to my gate and waited... and waited... and waited. The 12:16 pm departure was pushed back later and later, which gave my nerves more time to reek havoc on my mind and emotions. However, in that time I met two people who are also on the Scholar Ship. We finally boarded only to sit on the plane until 2:30 pm. Luckily I was able to get a window seat as well as an open seat between myself and Dan (one of the students on my program). To my surprise the 16 hour flight flew by. Having drugged myself I was able to sleep for the majority of the flight only waking for meals and the occasional bad movie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey brittany zaineb here...from india? remember? hey firstly happy belated birthday am really sorry couldnt get in touch for u for so long. i did mail cresten but got no reply.hope ur fine. so back home ha? hey plz do get in touch.....sweet_zanabi@yahoo.com plz do mail me bye tc