Thursday, April 10, 2008

Too Many Days at Sea

They have done a good job at keeping us busy but no matter how you fill the time 14 days on a boat is A LOT! A week ago we had a beautiful wedding on board the ship. It was all pretty exciting and everyone needed the little break. The bride was beautiful in her pink, orange, and yellow traditional Thai dress, and the groom was dressed in a coordinating orange Indian dress shirt and pants. Everything worked out wonderfully. Other than that we have been plugging away. I have been working with Yas, a career counselor on the ship, who has helped me revamp my resume and cover letters to look for internships for the summer. School is certainly piling up and the stress level is beginning to heighten. Our day in Cape Verde was very much appreciated but after 8 hours we had to be back on the ship until Barcelona. I haven't made too many plans for Spain but I don't have an AFP so I will have a entire week to figure everything out. Unfortunately, I will have to spend a day or two to do research for my projects. So much to do and so little time. Everything feels as if it is ending and even though we have a month left people keep looking ahead trying to plan their next steps. I'm sorry I haven't written much but with all the final projects and papers to do I have little time and when I do my words don't seem to come our right.

No comments: